Are you an attorney who LOVES helping clients resolve legal issues? Do you thrive in dynamic work environments?
If you answered YES to both questions, then you might just be the Defense Attorney we need!
Hirsch Law Group is a quickly-growing, fast-paced law firm with 8 offices spread out across Northern Illinois. We help people who have been charged with various offenses in traffic and criminal courts throughout the state. We guide our clients through the complex and confusing legal system, and achieve results that protect their lives, livelihoods and future.
We are seeking a Criminal Defense Attorney with experience in felony cases who will join our team, hit the ground running and work to provide exceptional representation to our clients. Our ideal candidate will be able to handle felony criminal cases start to finish. Many of our clients are undergoing an intense emotional process, and we strive to help them move into a significantly better position than they were in before they met us. We need the right person who will help us reach our weekly milestones and stay ahead of schedule.
The work of the lawyers at Hirsch Law Group has an incredible impact on the lives and futures of our many individuals. Much of the time we are what stands between our client’s freedom and prison time or a permanent criminal conviction. This role involves working in city, village and county courts, and includes document review, research, drafting, collaboration and court appearances. You will be handling intense situations where your professionalism and dedication will directly impact the livelihoods and futures of our clients and those closest to them.
In addition to a criminal defense attorney, we are also looking to hire an experienced attorney to handle divorce cases and child custody cases start to finish.
We will provide the ideal candidate with immediate, hands-on experience in diverse areas of law. Furthermore, we emphasize a team environment that serves to produce a creative and productive atmosphere in which an associate can advance, assume responsibility as proficiency is demonstrated, and be on the cutting-edge of constantly developing legal issues. If the above sounds good to you, then you may be a good fit for our firm.
OUR IDEAL ATTORNEY:
- Our lawyers are dedicated to communicating with our clients and guiding them through their individual cases
- Our lawyers own their clients’ cases and are committed to formulating a successful legal strategy to achieve optimal results
- Our lawyers demonstrate their skills through their legal strategy planning, client advising, analyzing discovery and pleadings, consulting with other attorneys, and presenting to courts, amongst many other things
- Our lawyers manage felony, misdemeanor, ordinance, conservation violation and traffic cases, and deal with discovery, motions, pleadings, hearings and trials
- Preliminary legal sessions with clients to fully understand the facts and goals of the case in order to successfully perform legal analysis and strategy
- Communicate with clients and advise them on critical junctures so they fully comprehend their options and can make well-informed decisions
- Oversee and analyze discovery and legal pleadings
- Consult with other attorneys as necessary
- Preparation and presentation in several unique courts
- Any administrative, team, financial or business-related matter that comes up
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school
- License (active and in good standing) to practice law in the state of Illinois
- Reliable vehicle – most of our work is conducted in the suburbs and rural area
- Exceptional communication, research and writing skills that can be demonstrated in interviews and in writing samples
- Understanding of legal strategies and the position of clients
- Professional and charismatic demeanor with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Desire to innovate to better serve our clients
- Ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Solid organizational skills and the ability to lead and delegate
- Strive for excellence and perfection in the work you perform
- Be motivated, self-starting and able to work independently
- Be a team player and work well with diverse personalities
- Capable of working under pressure, as well as accepting criticism and direction as you grow in your legal profession
- Knowledge of basic office programs, law management computer software and other related applications
- Experience working at the office of the State’s Attorney or as a village prosecutor is ideal, but not required
Kane County / Joliet – Multiple openings in multiple offices
Is commensurate with skills and experience, and is negotiable.
The compensation package includes base salary, 5 days paid vacation (non-cumulative) per year (new employees must work 6 months to qualify), 5 paid sick days per year, membership in local bar associations and flexible hours.
Monday to Friday
HOW TO APPLY:
If this amazing opportunity appeals to you, we would love to review your resume and speak with you. Please send us your resume, cover letter and a writing sample to [email protected]